Thursday, March 15, 2012

what's on the big screen


i am not a fan of local films, honestly. but i can add to my list of exceptions this new film: corazon, ang unang aswang. the characters, the cinematography and the storyline were altogether good. i did not like how it ended though. but then, there were good parts which i think are not that much corny.

although it may seem as if it was patterned with some other existing films, i can say that it's still very pinoy. the movie reminded me of the story of john kramer (from the saw series) where his wife met an accident while she was pregnant which caused her to lose her child. generally, jill's miscarriage triggered john to play games with different people using his deadly traps, hoping to teach his victims to appreciate life. aah. i wish they would make more films with even deadlier games.


mobile photos | 03.14.12

7 comments:

  1. woah. nice ung first photo. cant wait to watch it :D love the movie poster too. i posted it in my blog yesterdy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was randomly snapping pictures while we were inside. i really did not think makuha ko yung mukha nyang yun. haha. i liked your latest blog post. yung about sa poster. was about to comment pero di ko alam pano. hahaha. i liked the way you describe their eyes/stare. it's amazing how eyes can tell a story.

      Delete
  2. Was the movie scary at all? My friend told me it has more drama. I want to watch it but I feel ambivalent about the whole movie production. @_@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the part when she turned into something else was kind of creepy. especially when she ate her dead child. eek! and also those scenes where she started chasing random kids. (sorry for spoiling) yes, it was more centered on couple's love for each other and their struggle of having a child.

      Delete
    2. That's very intriguing! @_@ I guess I will have to judge for myself! I feel like watching it already! Hahaha! Thanks for the info! :D

      Delete
  3. Ughhh scary first foto!!! hahaha Interested in watching this! I had a class on Philippine cinema back in uni and we watched tons of Filipino films from the classics to the contemporary. The old films were really good and Selda (more recently) was good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. scary nga. nice nu? :)

      coooool. sana may ganyan din sa ateneo. para lagi lang movie marathon. haha. *kidding

      thanks for visiting my blog, michelle. :)

      Delete